The Task Force Quiron Command, of the Eighth Division of the National Army, categorically rejects the terrorist acts carried out by the ELN against the civilian population and informs:
1. On March 1 of this year, the ELN activated an explosive charge that caused injuries to two citizens who were assisted in a timely manner by the Army. This terrorist act destroyed a sewer box on a Marginal road of the Jungle, on the route that connects the municipalities of Saravena and Fortul in the department of Arauca.
2. In the event that was reported at approximately 4:55 pm, the group 'Ernesto Che Guevara' of the aforementioned armed group used a barrel loaded with an ANFO type explosive, which was activated by cable control just when the community was transiting along the road route, leaving the road completely destroyed; Fortul inhabitants resulted isolated.
3. Shortly before this direct attack against the people of Arauca, military units of the National Army had recovered the road axis that was obstructed near the Banadías bridge with a vehicle. Later, they neutralized another explosive device that had been planted on a television set at the side of a sewer, a criminal operation that was used as lures to attract troops while the attack was perpetrated on those who traveled through the sector.
4. With these terrorist attacks, the ELN, in its criminal behavior, make serious breaches of International Humanitarian Law, ignoring the principle of distinction and misinterpreting the principle of military advantage, since the attack caused injuries to protected persons referred to in article 136 of the Criminal Code.
5. The GAO Eln permanently violate the highest principles of International Humanitarian Law, especially "the right of combatants to choose their means and methods of war is not unlimited", the "Prohibition to make "superfluous evil actions" or "unnecessary suffering ", the" Protocol on Prohibitions or Restrictions on the Use of Mines, Trap Weapons and Other Devices ", the "Convention on the Prohibition of the Use, Storage, Production and Transfer of Anti-Personnel Mines and on their Destruction " , and other international legal instruments that have been issued and that have been approved by Colombia.
6. At the same time, the National Army reiterates to the citizens the indelible commitment to continue conducting the best effort to safeguard the territory and its inhabitants.