Troops of the Colombian Navy in joint operations with the Army and coordinated with the Police, find and destroy a gigantic laboratory used for the production of alkaloids with the capacity to produce approximately two tons of cocaine hydrochloride per month, in the area of Puerto Vega, municipality of Puerto Asís, in the department of Putumayo.
The laboratory consisted of ten wooden structures, in its interior troops found 893 kilograms of cocaine hydrochloride, 784 kg. of coca base, 3028 gallons of liquid precursors, 115 kg. of solid precursors and other elements such as 1 Martian (rudimentary distillation tower) with capacity of 1000 gallons, 2 communication radios, 1 power generator, 1 industrial tempering machine, 2 vacuum packing machines and 2 shelters with capacity for 12 people, among other materials and spaces for the production of alkaloids.
The laboratory and the materials were destroyed in the site in order to prevent the illicit production of the Residual Organized Armored Group of the structure 48.
Source: Southern Naval Force